Thursday, June 6, 2013

Campaign Freeport reboot

I have decided to switch my regular campaign that I run from Pathfinder to DCC RPG.  The group had a good time with DCC when we did a funnel for fun.  I love the system, and had quickly grown tired of Pathfinder 3.X style of play.

As I have been searching for a new campaign concept and in the midst of a lull from regular campaign play (due to player illness and scheduling conflicts), I have been filling my geek needs elsewhere.  I started playing Warmachine/Hordes again, and remembered the things I really loved about that setting.  About the same time I was having my Warmachine/Hordes resurgence, I also received my Freeport City of Adventure book and PDFs.  I was never a Freeporter before this I had heard only great things about it, but when I read it I really fell in love with it.

I have decided that I am going to make a fusion of the two.  I am going to start with a modified version of Freeport (sorry I don't like Orcs having civil or semi-civil relations with humans/demi-humans) and slowly work in the steampunk feel of the Iron Kingdoms.  I am going to leave it open to my players to choose whether it is high seas pirate adventure, urban exploration, or island hoping dungeon exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment